hmmm.. short la sangat kan~~
" The average performance of the class in Test 2 has been abominable. Giving in to your request, I made it an open book–open notes test, yet the questions were so straight forward, they were deserving of only a closed book test. A number of people have not been able to take advantage of that concession. It proves the following: Some of you had never opened the book before the test; many of you must have been absent to class and never bothered to make up what they missed. And some persons of the class have shamelessly copied. The pity is that such persons cannot even recognize if the answer they are blindly copying is right or wrong. All the warnings that I gave in class regarding the potential mistakes have gone totally unheeded. How else does one explain the following? To call them silly mistakes is being kind to you.
Some of the common mistakes seen in Test 2
1. Using Reynolds number for natural convection and Rayleigh number for forced convection
2. Interchanging property values of water and air.
3. Reading the values in the table wrongly; taking the wrong exponent.
4. Using turbulent correlation for laminar and vice versa.
5. Confusion between Celsius and Kelvin.
6. Confusion between kW and W.
7. I had said in class repeatedly that “Engineering is the art of dealing with approximations” and given any number of examples. I had implored you not to blindly use interpolation but to use judgment. Many of you have done just that, wasting a lot of time in interpolating for properties at 91oC, when the values are known at 90 C. (The error is about 0.25 %!) This, despite my warning, displays what is charmingly called in academics as ‘sheep mentality’. This is just one example.
8. For all those babe-in-the-woods kind of people in class, I had explained painstakingly about heat exchanger effectiveness and given several practical examples so that the idea may penetrate. But it was a waste of time, just as every other class had been a waste of time and effort.
Right in the beginning of the semester I had told you that I will not give free and undeserving passes and that I will not spoon-feed you. By way of a questionnaire, I had your responses promising a responsible attitude towards academics. I must state that I am sorely disappointed.
When one person can score 10 on 10, there is absolutely no justification for over 60 % of the class to get less than 5 on 10, with many zeroes too. It bothers me that such a lot of good money is squandered and no benefits accrue to the individual or to the nation. It makes a mockery of UTP’s vision and mission.
I had originally planned to give of my time over the weekend before the examination to help out those with last minute doubts. But I see that it will be yet another great waste of time.
You have done me a great favor. My heartfelt thanks for expressing your desire not to have me for Fluid Mech II. It would be impossible for me to stand such a group for one more semester. Let another person have that pleasure. All I can do now is to wish you good luck. "
p/s: ahakz.. heat oo heat.. kalo lecturer pon ley wat aku rasa down.. aigoooo~~
p/s: cuba kira ada berapa kali dia sebot "waste of time"???